BIOCHEMICAL AND BIOPHYSICAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS Pages 786-79]

Vol. 176, No. 2, 1991 April 30, 1991

COENZYME QI0 INCREASES T4/T8 PATIOS OF L Y M P H ~ E S IN ORDINARY SUBJECTS AND RELEVANCE TO PATIENTS HAVING THE AIDS RELATED C(]MPLEX Karl Folkers*,Takashi Hanioka*, Li-Jun Xia*, Judson T. MmRee, Jr.# and Peter Langsjoen+

*Institute for Biomedical Research, The University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78713 #MBank Tower, Suite 800, Austin, Texas, 78701 +The ~iversity of Texas }~alth Center at Tyler, Tyler, Texas, 75710

Received March 6, 1991

Coenzyme Q]{] (CoQ]o) is indispensable to biochemical mechanisms of bioenergetics, and it ha-s-a non-specific role as an antioxidant. CoQl0 has shown a hematological activity for the human and has shown an influe-nce on the host defense system. The T4/T8 ratios of lymphocytes are known to be low in patients with AIDS, ARC and malignancies. Our two patients with ARC have survived four-five years without any s2mptoms of adenopathy or infection on continuous treatment with COQI 0. We have newly found that 14 ordinary subjects responded to CoQI0 by increases in the T4/T8 ratios and an increase in blood levels of C~oQI0; both by p < 0.001. This knowledge and survival of two ARC patients for four-five years on CoQI 0 w i t h o u t symptoms, and new data on increasing ratios of T4/T8 lynphocytes in the human by treatment with CoQ]0 constitute a rationale for new double blind Clinical trials on trea£inc] patients with AIDS, .~C and diverse malignancies with CoQI 0. © i99i Academo Press, Inc.

ZIOENERGETIC AL"D P}~AP#

T8 ratios of lymphocytes in ordinary subjects and relevance to patients having the AIDS related complex.

Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is indispensable to biochemical mechanisms of bioenergetics, and it has a non-specific role as an antioxidant. CoQ10 has shown a ...
340KB Sizes 0 Downloads 0 Views